*Update: I now post daily to TikTok, I redistribute that video to Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts to cover those areas. I will post one Instagram Story a day and will create an Instagram post once a week.
A calendar that helps you schedule your posts in advance. This is what I use for weekly reminders and annual events to keep me on track.
Weekly basis reminders – I have created the below in my phone using the free reminders app. Setting reminders helps you remain organised creating a notification that prompts you to take action. The reminders you create dictate what you do and when, in my reminders below you can see I have planned out the week so that I complete a different task on different days.
Annual Reminders for specific events work in the same way, you can set these via your phones calendar app or create a social media calendar. There are plenty of templates with one quick Google search, alternatively you can use a pre-created sheet on Excel named ‘Social Media Content Manager’.
Here are examples of dates Save The Queen Drinking Game uses to schedule posts throughout the year:
- Queen’s birthday/Trooping the Colour – a Saturday in June
- Queen’s actual birthday – 21st April
- The Duke of Edinburgh birthday – 10th June
- The Prince of Wales birthday – 14th November
- The Duchess of Cornwall birthday – 17th July
- The Duke of Cambridge birthday – 21st June
- The Duchess of Cambridge birthday – 9th January
- The Duke of Sussex birthday – 15th September
- Duchess of Sussex – 4th August
- Royal events and ceremonies
- National Drink Beer Day – 3rd December
- National Drink Wine Day – 18th February
- Board game events